Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

The DREAM Before the "Gathering"

SSome people ask me why I started the Fall “Gathering of Authors” Charity Event & Book Signing.  It’s simple, but not at the same time.  Being a struggling writer for so long now, trying every avenue to get my books out there and get noticed, at times, I felt I was at the end.  One morning I woke up and a bright light came on inside my head.  “I’m not the only author in this area,” I said to myself.  From that moment on, I began to search for other writers who probably felt the same way as myself.    Finding one then another, so many were found I was astonished, but pleasantly surprised.  From Sci-fi to Inspirational, there were all kinds of authors in my midst I had no clue about.  I knew then what I had to do.  If I, a writer, didn’t know about these other authors, then I’m sure many people in our community didn’t either.  Then was born the “GATHERING OF AUTHORS.”  Being a giving person, I wanted to add a charity in with our literacy event.  So from now forward. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will reap the rewards from our wonderful event.
CHEERS TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS IN WORD, now in heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment